People with Fibromyalgia (FM), ME or CFS cannot often do their daily routines of working or physical activity or exercise, as these conditions can be so debilitating.
Many people suffer from physical pain, which can arise from many causes, including:
1. Physical injuries or accidents
2. Specific medical conditions
3. Nerve damage
4. Unknown or undiagnosed causes.
Fibromyalgia, ME and CFS typically are thought to be in the category of "unknown or undiagnosed causes". But I differ in opinion, as I have seen huge improvements in many clients with these conditions.
There are many health conditions which cause pain, or that are diagnosed as the result of the pain such as:
1. Inflammatory conditions - any diagnosis ending in "...itis" (like arthritis, appendicitis, colitis etc) is just inflammation in that part of the body. It can be inflammation that causes pain in many people, such as those with FM and ME
2. Hypoxia and poor circulation and anaemia - due to low iron levels and other nutrient deficiencies, or reduced thyroid or lung or heart conditions, cells of the body will not get enough oxygen or nutrients and will be "screaming out in pain for them"
3. Low thyroid function - the thyroid gland is the master controller of your metabolic rate, and hence energy production and function of all cells in your body. Low thyroid function can cause chronic fatigue, but there are many factors which can affect thyroid function which need to be checked and fixed in these conditions.
Pain or fatigue are major symptoms of the body telling you that something is not right and you need to change or fix what is wrong. Continuing to do the same things with your diet and lifestyle won't make the pain or fatigue go away.
Pain medications are a band-aid and don't fix the causes of them problem. They just try to hide the pain so you feel better for a short time. But pain medications cause a lot of other symptoms from their side effects and damage to the body, especially to the liver, digestive system, kidneys and other areas. Hence why you shouldn't rely on these medications, but to find and fix the root causes of the pain and to fix those root causes. This is what I do.
Don't struggle to live with fatigue or pain. There are other and better ways to find and fix the causes and improve your quality of life again.