While this might not sound that unusual, most people don't really undersand this, or why their health issues aren't getting better despite having medical or alternative treatments.
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine (and also of Naturopathic medicine) stated in his famous principles (amongst several others) to:
1) Treat the causes
2) Treat the whole body.
What people don't understand that this is not, and hasn't been for a LONG time, the medical model! The modern medical model is to:
1) Diagnose a condition after investigation of symptoms and testing
2) Treat the condition or symptoms with surgery or medications that remove or hide the symptoms
3) Treat everyone with that diagnosed condition or symptom the same!
How did the medical model get so far removed from the principles of Hippocrates?
The medical model can only "manage" your symptoms or conditions, and not actually treat them. Prescribed medications only hide symptoms but not actually fix the causes of them (because the causes are never investigated or found), so that symptoms are (sometimes) kept at bay only while you take the medications, but symptoms will return as soon as you stop taking them.
Prescribed medications also:
1) Push the issues deeper into the body and can cause worse symptoms over time, as the root causes are not treated
2) Cause side effects - ie, other symptoms, for which they will simply prescribe more medications to hide, which in turn cause more symptoms... Welcome to the pharmaceutic merry-go-round
3) Cause nutrient deficiencies, as medications often affect normal metabolic or digestive processes, leading to nutrient deficiencies, which in turn cause more symptoms and side effects.
In contrast, what I do is undertake a thorough and detailed investigation into all of your health issues, diet analysis of excesses vs deficiencies, lifestyle factors (stress, exercise, sleep), digestive system function, hormones, physical signs and symptoms, pathology analysis, and more!
I have developed a "root cause analysis prototol" which I then use to identify all of YOUR root causes as well as key symptoms that need treating, and put a treatment plan and recommendations together to quickly improve how you feel, as well as fixing all the root causes, which will return you to health and prevent issues into the future! In doing this, I am treating the whole body, as per Hippocrates' principles. It is a very different approach, but it works! Hence why I specialise in complex and chronic health issues, because I can find the root causes and get results, where doctors and other practitioners do not help you to improve.
Many times, the root causes can be very simple and easy to fix! But the root causes vary from one person to the next, even for people with the same diagnosed condition. Everyone is different!
If you are not happy with the progress of your "treatment", or if you feel that the root causes are not being found or treated, then please contact me for an investigation and advice that is specific to you! It is MOST important to find and fix the root causes, in order for you to get your health back, and to achieve your health goals!
Listen to my interview on the importance of finding and treating the root causes, now on the Humanley website:
OR listen on Spotify;