The TGA say in their latest weekly update article some conflicting information (TGA, 2021), including:
- Adverse events and deaths are reported to the DAEN database, but the TGA say that "the Information in the database also cannot be used to determine whether a medicine or vaccine is safe or not"!
- the TGA say that many of the deaths (after the COVID vaccination) were in "frail elderly people (over 85 years old)"
- but then also state of the vaccine death reports, "Most of these reports (93%) were for people 65 years of age and over, and over three quarters were 75 years of age and over. Many of the deaths relate to elderly aged-care residents"
- and with the COVID vaccination "it is possible in frail older people that even relatively mild and expected adverse reactions following the vaccination may contribute to deterioration of an underlying illness"
- "Each year in Australia, there are about 160,000 deaths, equating to 13,300 a month or 3050 each week. By the end of May that would equate to about 15,250 deaths from all causes. But we have had just ONE death from COVID-19... and 210 deaths from the vaccine
- And of more concern - "The TGA reviews all deaths reported after vaccination and monitors for safety signals. Part of our analysis includes comparing expected natural death rates to observed death rates following immunisation. To date, the observed number of deaths reported after vaccination is actually less than the expected number of deaths". They were expecting MORE deaths after the vaccination, but they continue to downplay the vaccine as being the cause by saying this is coincidental?!
Despite the TGA's statements of downplaying the risks of adverse reactions and deaths, the Queensland government dropped the AZ vaccine on the 20th May 2021 due to blood clotting issues (The West Australian, 2021).
Approximately 25 other countries have banned or suspended the AZ vaccine because of deaths and clotting issues. When will the TGA wake up and investigate all these reports properly?
Therapeutic Goods Administration. (2021). COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 27-05-2021. Retrieved 30th May 2021 from https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-27-05-2021
The West Australian. (2021). Qld govt abandons AZ for Pfizer, Moderna. Retrieved 31st May 2021 from https://thewest.com.au/news/coronavirus/pm-not-briefed-on-quarantine-qld-premier-c-2885476