There are MANY causes of weight gain (as I have written about previously in my articles below) so having to weigh all your food, count the calories of all the macronutrients (carbs, protein, fats etc), restrict your food intake, struggle through craving...s and hunger, and all while exercising more, is all pointless! It just doesn't work!
Restricting foods because of their calories leads to nutrient deficiencies, chronic disease conditions (ie, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, depression and many other conditions) and even more weight gain - as your body adapts to the reduced food intake to slow down metabolism to store more fat instead!
Your health is not determined by how many (or few) calories you eat! Just because something is low in calories (ie, the carcinogenic artificial sweetener, aspartame) doesn't mean it is healthy, or that something is high in calories (ie, an avocado) doesn't mean that it is unhealthy!
The calories from the macronutrients are all used differently in your body, and differently again in other people!
Things that are important for a healthy weight are:
1) what nutrients your foods actually contain
2) how your foods are used in your body, or how they affect your body
3) your genes and your ethnicity
4) whether you are stressed, as you will not digest or absorb your foods well
5) when are you eating, how you cook your meals, and how much you eat
6) composition of your meals - % of carbohydrates, proteins and fats
7) how well your digestive system is functioning
8) and many more factors!
There are many things that need to be taken into consideration to losing weight, which is what I look at, for helping people to lose weight!
What are the right foods to eat, or the wrong ones to avoid? That can be a very individual thing - what may be good for someone else may not be good for you! Contact me to see how I can help you with a personalised plan!